Brief Position Summary
Reporting to the Commercial Senior Director, the role of Business Development Manager will be accountable for key account management activities as well as proactive
new client engagement.
Primary Position Responsibilities/Tasks
- Develop quality proposals/quotations and supporting documentation for the company’s scientific services
- Liaise with technical colleagues to ensure appropriate quality and technical accuracy
- Support the building of bespoke pricing models for custom services.
- Understanding, planning, pricing and selling Fusion Antibodies scientific services.
- Nurturing incoming sales enquiries.
- Pro-actively searching and connecting with new prospects
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers to grow long-term effective business relationships
- Support the development of strong, collaborative relationships with key decision makers at client accounts.
- Visiting key customers and prospects throughout Europe/US/Australasia as needed from time-to-time.
- Reporting on sales and business development targets
- Attending European & global exhibitions relevant to the business
- From experiences in the field, provide feedback to Marketing and Technical departments on customer and competitor activities
- Support development of sales activity reports and sales presentations
- Support commercial engagement for pricing reviews, contracts, royalty/pricing structures
- Ensure CRM database compliance
- Cohesively partner with technical sales support colleagues to deliver a consultative sales approach to maximise impact and results
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant biological science discipline (Biology, Biochemistry, Generics, Microbiology etc.) or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, excel, word.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail for composing, reviewing and improving technical documents.
- Organisation skills to balance and prioritise a mixed workload
- A business qualification
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech business/industry experience.
- Experience in the biotherapeutic sector.
- Knowledge of the drug development process.
- Experience in B2B sales support.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by sending a CV and covering note detailing how you meet the criteria. Closing date is 5pm on Friday 11 November 2022.
Fusion Antibodies is a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) that provides a range of service in the area of antibody engineering for the development of antibodies for both therapeutic drug and diagnostic applications. Focusing on antibody generation, development, production, characterisation and optimisation, these services include antigen expression, antibody production, purification and sequencing, antibody humanisation using the Company’s proprietary CDRx™ platform and the production of antibody generating stable cell lines to provide material for use in clinical trials. Since 2012, the Company has successfully sequenced over 250 antibodies and successfully completed over 215 humanisation projects for its clients with 8 out of the first 33 humanisation projects.
Headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Company was established in 2001 as a spin out from Queen’s University. It was initially a drug development business but revised its operations to focus on CRO work in 2011. The company has over 55 employees and was listed on AIM in December 2017. The company has ambitious plans to grow with a strategy based on the expansion of its client base as well as the addition of new service offerings. This strategy uses the Company’s proven technology and expertise and targets expansion both in the UK market and internationally. Key new service offerings being developed include antibody affinity maturation and a Mammalian Antibody Library Discovery Platform which represent key future growth drivers.
Fusion is at a key value inflection point in the Company’s evolution with a key focus on expanding/driving current commercial performance and accessing additional value generating opportunities as well as launch preparations for the new service offerings. Fusion operates in a highly competitive and fast evolving market and in light of this a new position within the technical production department has presented itself due to relocation of a staff member.