About Fusion Antibodies
Fusion Antibodies is a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) that provides a range of service in the area of antibody engineering for the development of antibodies for both therapeutic drug and diagnostic applications. Focusing on antibody generation, development, production, characterisation and optimisation, these services include antigen expression, antibody production, purification and sequencing, antibody humanisation using the Company’s proprietary CDRx™ platform and the production of antibody generating stable cell lines to provide material for use in clinical trials. Since 2012, the Company has successfully sequenced over 250 antibodies and successfully completed over 215 humanisation projects for its clients.
Headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Company was established in 2001 as a spin out from Queen’s University. It was initially a drug development business and revised its operations to focus on CRO work in 2011 listing on AIM in December 2017. The company has ambitious plans to grow with a strategy based on the expansion of its client base as well as the addition of new service offerings. This strategy uses the Company’s proven technology and expertise and targets expansion both in the UK market and internationally. Key new service offerings being developed include antibody affinity maturation, an Artificial Intelligence-based discovery platform (AI/ML-AbTM) and a Mammalian Antibody Library Display Platform which represent key future growth drivers.
Fusion is at a key phase of the Company’s evolution and is poised for growth.
Brief Position Summary
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role of the Facilities Manager will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of laboratories & buildings in line with company requirements, as well as health and safety. The candidate is expected to lead, develop, implement and sustain industry standard health and safety (and environmental) best practices throughout Fusion.
Primary Position Responsibilities/Tasks
- To be aware of and compliant with company policies and procedures in relation to confidentiality, health and safety at work, COSHH regulations, infection control, safe handling of drugs, and all local safety rules regarding fire, chemical, and other laboratory hazards.
- Adhering to Regulations and laboratory policies and to maintain a clean hygienic working environment.
- Ensure that the business operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors, while also ensuring the business is legally compliant with all associated legislation.
- Investigates all accidents & incidents on site and ensure suitable actions are implemented and tracked to completion.
- Examines safe systems of work and risk assessments to ensure all on-site tasks meet regulatory standards and implements changes necessary to ensure compliance.
- Lead the health and safety committee and provide regular board reports detailing any health and safety issues.
- Purchasing of lab consumables and reagents along with recording and management of incoming laboratory consumables in line with documented procedures.
- Assist with company stock take.
- Calibration/maintenance of appropriate Laboratory Equipment and maintaining department asset management system.
- Perform stock rotation.
- Monitoring and control of stocks of Liquid Nitrogen and CO2 gas.
- Ensure Safe disposal of biological and chemical residues and other waste material.
- Carryout inspection, maintenance and correct use of safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a laboratory setting (Academic, clinical or industrial)
- Knowledge of MS software packages, including Excel, Word and SharePoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- NEBOSH Environmental certificate.
- A comprehensive understanding of health and safety protocols in a lab environment.
- Ability to write and review Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Previous experience in facility management.
- Previous experience with autoclaves, pure water systems, liquid nitrogen handling and CO2 gas delivery systems.
- Familiarity with working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment.
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- On site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application Deadline: 17/11/2023
Reference ID: FacMan23
Please apply to email@example.com by sending a CV and covering note detailing how you meet the criteria.