THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
This is an entry level position, reporting to the senior technician, the role of technical production technician will be responsible for supporting the delivery of production projects. The successful candidate should have a basic laboratory knowledge.
Primary Position Responsibilities/Tasks
• Assist scientists with experimental procedures to ensure production demands are met within agreed timelines.
• Perform routine laboratory operation and upkeep procedures and maintain accurate records.
• Be proactive with their own CPD (continued personal development).
• Maintain and ensure awareness of all safety procedures. Attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules (as defined by the Safety Manager).
• Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures.
• Maintaining and populate Production Team databases
• Minimum HNC/D in a Biology related discipline.
• The ability to work well in a team.
• Experience with MS office applications
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience in working within a multidisciplinary team
• Flexible working (weekend work / outside of standard hours)
• Experience in performing ELISA
• >6 months experience in a laboratory environment
• Familiarity with working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment.
Please send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and APPLY now!*
The closing date is 5pm on Monday 27th June 2022
Fusion Antibodies is a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) that provides a range of service in the area of antibody engineering for the development of antibodies for both therapeutic drug and diagnostic applications. Focusing on antibody generation, development, production, characterisation and optimisation, these services include antigen expression, antibody production, purification and sequencing, antibody humanisation using the Company’s proprietary CDRx™ platform and the production of antibody generating stable cell lines to provide material for use in clinical trials. Since 2012, the Company has successfully sequenced over 250 antibodies and successfully completed over 215 humanisation projects for its clients with 8 out of the first 33 humanisation projects.
Headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Company was established in 2001 as a spin out from Queen’s University. It was initially a drug development business but revised its operations to focus on CRO work in 2011. The company has over 55 employees and was listed on AIM in December 2017. The company has ambitious plans to grow with a strategy based on the expansion of its client base as well as the addition of new service offerings. This strategy uses the Company’s proven technology and expertise and targets expansion both in the UK market and internationally. Key new service offerings being developed include antibody affinity maturation and a Mammalian Antibody Library Discovery Platform which represent key future growth drivers.
Fusion is at a key value inflection point in the Company’s evolution with a key focus on expanding/driving current commercial performance and accessing additional value generating opportunities as well as launch preparations for the new service offerings. Fusion operates in a highly competitive and fast evolving market and in light of this a new position within the technical production department has presented itself due to relocation of a staff member.