Marketing Communications Executive
Brief Position Summary
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the role of Marketing Communications Executive will run point on all day to day marketing activity covering everything from event co-ordination to content development. You will ensure that we capitalise on all marketing initiatives. The post-holder will be a self-starter with an energetic and enthusiastic personality with a willingness to learn and a natural curiosity for understanding complex issues.
Primary Position Responsibilities/Tasks
- You will work closely with the Marketing Director to develop and execute a marketing plan that enables the business to generate new business leads and also helps to raise brand awareness.
- Campaign creation and management. Working with the Marketing Director you will contribute to the identification and creation of appropriate marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for the distribution of any created content to maximize brand awareness and assist with lead generation where appropriate. You will assess the effectiveness of each
campaign and identify areas for future improvement.
- Working with the Technical Business Advisor (TBA), you will proactively develop and execute the content plan for the year. You will use your knowledge of the market and trends from social and google analytics to ensure that the content we create is on brand and reflects the focus for the business.
- Digital execution of content. You’ll understand how to use the main B2B social media channels to perform tasks such as raising awareness and lead generation-based activities. Using content created by the marketing team, you will be expected to draw out the salient points to maximize the impact of our message.
- You’ll execute the event management plan with meticulous planning and attention to detail. This includes all aspects of the event, online and offline, and communicating the objectives for each event. As part of this you will plan all associated pre-event content to highlight our attendance and execute it on social channels. Post event evaluation will be critical
- You will use the CRM as the single source of truth in the business and develop an end-to end customer pathway which can be reported on to the Commercial Director.
- Website updates – You will manage the wordpress account to accommodate new content and ensure all content has the relevant metadata, links and images as required
- Email marketing – Understand the customer journey, how to use landing pages effectively and create impactful emails that can be sent as part of a lead nurturing process.
- Manage the design and production of marketing content and collateral as agreed with the commercial team.
- Work with commercial operations team to ensure efficient marketing automization programs within the CRM system.
- Prepare and present reports on marketing effectiveness
- Ability to inspire teams across a matrixed environment; effective at influencing others and building relationships; collaborative approach.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to quickly to adjust to changes in the market
- There will be occasional travel required with this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Results-driven and able to handle multiple projects.
- 2 years’ experience in a B2B marketing role.
- Experience of developing marketing campaigns from conception through to creation and execution.
- Ability to demonstrate effective event management and evaluation skills
- Hold an up-to-date passport to enable international travel.
- Experience of life sciences (either through work or study)
- Knowledge of the biotech/biopharma environment
- Digital marketing qualification
Please apply to email@example.com by sending a CV and covering note detailing how you meet the criteria.
Fusion Antibodies is a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) that provides a range of service in the area of antibody engineering for the development of antibodies for both therapeutic drug and diagnostic applications. Focusing on antibody generation, development, production, characterisation and optimisation, these services include antigen expression, antibody production, purification and sequencing, antibody humanisation using the Company’s proprietary CDRx™ platform and the production of antibody generating stable cell lines to provide material for use in clinical trials. Since 2012, the Company has successfully sequenced over 250 antibodies and successfully completed over 215 humanisation projects for its clients with 8 out of the first 33 humanisation projects.
Headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Company was established in 2001 as a spin out from Queen’s University. It was initially a drug development business but revised its operations to focus on CRO work in 2011. The company has over 55 employees and was listed on AIM in December 2017. The company has ambitious plans to grow with a strategy based on the expansion of its client base as well as the addition of new service offerings. This strategy uses the Company’s proven technology and expertise and targets expansion both in the UK market and internationally. Key new service offerings being developed include antibody affinity maturation and a Mammalian Antibody Library Discovery Platform which represent key future growth drivers.
Fusion is at a key value inflection point in the Company’s evolution with a key focus on expanding/driving current commercial performance and accessing additional value generating opportunities as well as launch preparations for the new service offerings. Fusion operates in a highly competitive and fast evolving market and in light of this a new position within the technical production department has presented itself due to relocation of a staff member.