About Fusion Antibodies
Fusion Antibodies is a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) that provides a range of service in the area of antibody engineering for the development of antibodies for both therapeutic drug and diagnostic applications. Focusing on antibody generation, development, production, characterisation and optimisation, these services include antigen expression, antibody production, purification and sequencing, antibody humanisation using the Company’s proprietary CDRx™ platform and the production of antibody generating stable cell lines to provide material for use in clinical trials. Since 2012, the Company has successfully sequenced over 250 antibodies and successfully completed over 215 humanisation projects for its clients.
Headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Company was established in 2001 as a spin out from Queen’s University. It was initially a drug development business and revised its operations to focus on CRO work in 2011 listing on AIM in December 2017. The company has ambitious plans to grow with a strategy based on the expansion of its client base as well as the addition of new service offerings. This strategy uses the Company’s proven technology and expertise and targets expansion both in the UK market and internationally. Key new service offerings being developed include antibody affinity maturation, an Artificial Intelligence based discovery platform (AI/ML-AbTM) and a Mammalian Antibody Library Display Platform which represent key future growth drivers.
Fusion is at a key phase of the Company’s evolution and is poised for growth.
Brief Position Summary
This is an entry level position, reporting to the Production Team Leader, the role of Production Scientist will be responsible for delivering production projects on behalf of clients. The successful candidate should have a basic knowledge of protein expression, purification and characterization, knowledge of general cell culture techniques and transfection of mammalian cell lines.
Primary Position Responsibilities/Tasks
- Share and discuss data with line manager to ensure production demands are met within agreed timelines.
- Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports on research activities to internal audiences.
- Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the Safety Manager.
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures.
- Minimum BSc in a Biology related discipline.
- Key skills of the post holder include excellent aseptic technique, ability to work well independently and as part of a team and have good organization and communication skills.
- Experience with MS office applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience using mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Knowledge of production of proteins using mammalian cell lines.
- Familiarity with working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment.
- Experience in performing protein purification using FPLC equipment.
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- On site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application Deadline: 17/11/2023
Reference ID: PRDSCI23
Please apply to email@example.com by sending a CV and covering note detailing how you meet the criteria.