About Fusion Antibodies
Fusion Antibodies is a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) that provides a range of service in the area of antibody engineering for the development of antibodies for both therapeutic drug and diagnostic applications. Focusing on antibody generation, development, production, characterisation and optimisation, these services include antigen expression, antibody production, purification and sequencing, antibody humanisation using the Company’s proprietary CDRx™ platform and the production of antibody generating stable cell lines to provide material for use in clinical trials. Since 2012, the Company has successfully sequenced over 250 antibodies and successfully completed over 215 humanisation projects for its clients.
Headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Company was established in 2001 as a spin out from Queen’s University. It was initially a drug development business and revised its operations to focus on CRO work in 2011 listing on AIM in December 2017. The company has ambitious plans to grow with a strategy based on the expansion of its client base as well as the addition of new service offerings. This strategy uses the Company’s proven technology and expertise and targets expansion both in the UK market and internationally. Key new service offerings being developed include antibody affinity maturation, an Artificial Intelligence based discovery platform (AI/ML-AbTM) and a Mammalian Antibody Library Display Platform which represent key future growth drivers.
Fusion is at a key phase of the Company’s evolution and is poised for growth.
Brief Position Summary
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will independently design and develop biophysical assays, in a range of formats, suitable for Drug Discovery across a wide range of target class and modalities.
Primary Position Responsibilities/Tasks
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and management of projects.
- Share and discuss data with manager to ensure antibody discovery projects are met within agreed timelines.
- Assist with the line management and development of other scientific staff within Fusion (support and supervision, training, staff appraisals etc).
- Keep abreast of advancements within the area of antibody discovery. Assess and implement new/optimised processes/technologies to achieve or exceed targets.
- Responsible for overseeing routine laboratory operation and maintenance (stock maintenance, procurement, cleaning, equipment calibration, etc).
- Prepare and on occasion, present oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences.
- Be proactive with their own CPD (continued personal development).
- Maintain and ensure awareness of all safety procedures. Attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules (as defined by the Safety Manager).
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures.
- Review and sign off on work carried out by Junior members of staff (Lab book and ELN).
- Maintaining and populating Protein Production Team specific databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the Sciences.
- Experience of working with antibodies and recombinant proteins.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Experience with MS office applications.
- Experience using either Bio-layer interferometry or Surface plasmon resonance-based systems.
- Industrial experience (>1 year).
- Key skills of the post holder include excellent presentation and communication skills, as they will be managing projects and communicating with other team members in different departments.
- Familiarity with working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment.
Permanent, Full- Time or Part-Time
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- On site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application Deadline: 17/11/2023
Reference ID: SnrSciPRO2023
Please apply to email@example.com by sending a CV and covering note detailing how you meet the criteria.